Black guys always have a rich choice of hairstyles for men, ranging through traditional lengths: short, medium and long. Most men though stick to short and medium-length haircuts, because they offer a stylish and low-maintenance look.
The men Afro hairstyle has been a men’s haircut since the early 1970s and there are some celebrities that have worn an Afro hairstyle such as Patrick Ewing, Michael Jackson and Bill Withers.
How To Style An Afro:
- Starting with clean, damp hair, apply a leave-in conditioner, gel, and a small amount of argan oil.
- Gently detangle using a wide tooth comb.
- Twist various sections of hair to define ends.
- Allow hair to air dry.
Growing an Afro is certainly a journey. You must be prepared and take great care in keeping your afro mane looking the part. An afro for curly hair men is a diesel hairstyle which will enhance your curly hair and your image.
Mens Afro hairstyle often relies heavily on the cut but if you are thinking of trying a new style, be sure there are some seriously cool styles to try!
Afro Hairstyles for Men
Tips for the Perfect Afro:
- Hey man, stop combing now! From now on, thou shalt throw away your comb and use your fingers to groom your curls and puff them out. You can also use a pick to help detangle your curls and keep the afro in good shape.
- We recommend those curly hair men wanting to grow an afro to start from a short length (1-2 inches) and then allow their curly hair to grow without any further haircuts or trims. This way, you will get used to having an even hair length all around and will also have freshly grown healthy hair to boot once you reach your afro length!
- You must battle dryness, which causes frizzy hair, at all costs. This means keeping your hair moisturized all the time by cutting down on shampoo frequency to less than 3 times per week, avoiding hairbrushes and conventional combs, and making sure you use a conditioner while avoiding gels and hair sprays.
Love your natural curls? Let them be free in this natural, easy-going afro style.